Knights of Ragnarok
The Arctic shield is a group representing the interests of various different pantheons in the far south where Fae often break into the material world. While their pantheons may war and skirmish elsewhere an uneasy truce lingers across most of the inhabitants of Mt McMurdo Station. Most of these scions/retainers are legend 2 to 4, and most have limited access to their pantheons military forces. (In Dystopian terms only a few hundred points a piece.) Though this force can be combined into an impressive army, the various members are rarely united enough to manage it. Ideally this band of scions is at or below the PCs in terms of power.
- Tyronne Johnson
- Blair Thomas
- TJ O'Brien
Name: Tyronne Johnson
Pantheon: Aesir (Scion of Tyr)
Distinguishing features: Very Tall (over 6’0”) with rippling muscles and clothes that show off his powerful frame. He has an assortment of tattoos across his chest and back.
Physical Age: Mid-twenties
- Tyronne speaks Germanic (English, German, Dutch). Identifying his accent as American requires a Perception+Academics roll of 2. A score of 4 will identify him as from Detroit with a stint in the US Military.
- ’s gauntlets are powerful melee artifacts of Blue Jade that give him access to the Sky Purview. (Spd 4, Accuracy +0, Damage +8B, Parry +2, Rate 2)
Raised in the ghettos of Detroit to an unwed black mother during the second and third American Civil War. According to his mother, his father was a white soldier passing through… not that he gave much thought to his absentee white father. After a brief time with the gangs he was dragooned into the army…and he loved it. While he performed well in the field his temper when being confronted by white officers almost landed him in front of a firing squad. Until someone from the top brass intervened. General Bradley Worthington, an Acquaintance form of Tyr, who revealed himself as Tyronne’s father.
To say that Tyrone was nonplussed at this discovery would be an understatement. Nevertheless, Tyrone adapted somewhat grudgingly to his new status as a Scion. While understandably bitter about growing up without a father, he has accepted that the trials of his life have been the Aesir equivalent of “tough love.” By forcing Tyrone to grow up so fast and so young, Tyr made sure that Tyrone would be his own man and that he could decide whether to serve Tyr’s agenda out of choice instead of filial compassion. Over the last few years he’s even grown to have a grudging respect for his old man, and will likely take his father’s side in the ongoing Thor/Baldur political shit storm.
Tyronne is the most active scion at Mt McMurdo consistently patrolling outlying areas. His job as a member of the Biological wildlife survey teams give him plenty of excuses to disappear for days or weeks at a time.
Relationships: Given his military background and gung-ho attitude Tyronne is something of a natural leader among the scions at Mt Mcmurdo.
- Rai Lee- We had a brief fling, wham bam wow is she crazy hot and a hellcat in the sheets. But boy did she turn psycho bitch afterward.
- Blair- Blair’s a real classy lady. The kind a girl you wanna show off to your momma ya know? She’s always happy to help out when things get rough and she’s good at figurin how to deal with the other scions and normal folk.
- TJ- Self righteous prick.
- ’s animal is the pidgeon. Something that embarrasses him but didn’t stop him from getting a tattoo of one on his arm. He actually likes talking to the little bastards as they remind him of the youth of Detroit.
- While not a racist… or not much of one, Tyronne often sees insults from white men where none were intended, and he often becomes a discipline problem when white men give him orders or try to sideline him..
- When not out “Birdwatching” Tyronne likes to drink it up, or even hold small BBQ parties on his porch. Given the chance he’ll talk about sports or politics… he doesn’t like to admit it but will quickly get drawn into bird or wildlife conversations.
- Like a lot of modern americans Tyronne is functionally illiterate. He can force his way through a newspaper or read street signs but anything more complex is beyond him.
Quick Power Notes
- Tyrone is immune to the cold that permeates the arctic. He often shows off by going shirtless or dressing lighter than everyone else.
- With his Holy rampage Knack Tyronne can quickly tear most objects apart.
- ’s Grace increases his jumping distance to 8 Vertical / 16 Horizontal
- Sharpshooter adds Tyronne’s perception to his hunting rifle damage.
Physical: Strength 4XX, Dexterity 3X, Stamina 4X
Social: Charisma 4X, Manipulation 2, Appearance 3X
Mental: Perception 2X, Intelligence 2, Wits 3X
Skills: Academics, Alertness 2, Animal Ken 3, Art (Architecture, Culinary 2, Engineering 1, Metalsmithing 2, Modern, Performance Art, Stonework, Textiles, Visual Art, Woodwork), Athletics 1, Brawl 4, Defense 2, Diplomacy, Disguise, Drive 2, Empathy 1, Etiquette 1, Fortitude 2, Intimidation 4, Investigation 1, Larceny 1, Leadership 2, Marksmanship 4, Medicine, Melee 2, Occult, Politics 1, Scrounging 2, Seduction 1, Stealth 2, Streetwise 1, Subterfuge, Survival 2, Thrown, War 3
Legend: 3 Virtues: Courage 3, Endurance 2, Expression 2, Loyalty 3 Willpower: 6
HD: -0, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, INC
Join Battle: 5+1 Dodge DV: 5 Soak: 5B/3L/1A
Unarmed Light: Acc, B, Parry, Speed 4
Unarmed Heavy: Acc, , Parry , Speed 5
Gauntlets of Dragsa Acc 8+2, Damage 12+2, Parry 5, Speed 4
Hunting Rifle (Scout Rifle)-
Knacks: Strength (Holy Rampage), Dexterity (Escape Artist), Stamina (Holy Fortitude), Charisma (Never Say Die), Appearance (My eyes are up here), Perception (Sharpshooter), Wits (rabbit reflexes)
Purviews: Animal (Pidgeon) X, Frost X, War X, Sky X
Name: Blair Thomas
Pantheon: Teotl (Scion of Xipe Totec)
Artifacts: Blair’s artifact is a support artifact, and does nothing in combat.
The Flayed skin of a human woman that biologically changes the wearer (in every way) into a woman so long as it is worn.
- Germanic (Native)- Adopted at a young age Blair’s native is English. Those with a high enough roll can deduce that she began learning spanish as a small child before learning English.
- Mayan- rescued by a cult of Xipe Totec Blair is well versed in the sacred tongues of the Teotl.
- - Blair learned this language when she set up shop at McMurdo Station.
To all appearances, Blair Thomas is the most stable member of the Band. She learned of her parentage at the age of 16, much earlier than most of her compatriots. Now 24, the auburn-haired beauty is probably the most powerful Scion in the area. While she defers to Tyrone most of the time, it’s mainly because being perceived as the leader is more important to him and Blair is more than happy to offer guidance behind the scenes. On the other hand, for all that Blair brings to the table, she is also the one person most likely to tear scion community at Mt Mcmurdo apart. Both Tyrone and TJ are infatuated with Blair, and while she has avoided encouraging either of them (for fear of how it would affect her friendship with them), she is equally attracted to both men and sorely tempted to pursue a relationship with one—or both. (Blair is fairly confident she could two-time her fellow Scions without either knowing.) Complicating this situation immeasurably is the fact that Blair Thomas is actually a man.
Tommy Blair (originally Tomas) was left as an infant in a Catholic orphanage in El Paso. From there, he was adopted at the age of six by the Blair family of Enid, Oklahoma. Unfortunately for Tommy, the Blairs were a very strict Fundamentalist Christian family who strove to erase any sign of Tommy’s Guatemalan heritage and to raise him according to their extremely conservative beliefs, one of which was “spare the rod and spoil the child.” Things got worse just before Tommy’s 16th birthday, when Mrs. Blair overheard Tommy confess to a friend that he thought he might be gay and wished that he had been born a girl. The Blairs immediately contacted a fundamentalist “ex-gay” organization called Positive Love and told Tommy that he would be required to move to a Positive Love facility for help with his “sinful urges.” That night, Tommy prayed to God for guidance and strength. And God answered. Or at least, a God answered.
Xipe Totec, the Flayed Lord himself, appeared to Tommy and spirited him away from the Blair household to a secret cult of worshipers across the border in Texas. There, the cultists explained to Tommy that Xipe Totec was his father, but that his frightened mother fled the cult and abandoned Tommy to a priest who sent him to the orphanage.
For the next two years, Tommy was trained in the ways and lore of the Atzlánti. On his 18th birthday, Xipe Totec appeared again and presented Tommy with the most beautiful gift he had ever seen—the skin of a stunningly beautiful young woman with auburn hair and a perfect ivory complexion. At his father’s direction, Tommy donned the skin over his own, and in that instant, Tommy Blair became Blair Thomas. As long as Tommy continues to wear the skin (which never decays), he is biologically a woman in every respect. As Blair, “she” has spent the last six years doing her father’s bidding and wondering if she would ever meet a man who could love her enough to accept the truth of her gender.
Relationships: Blair is the heart of the Mt McMurdo Scion community, and has positive relations with all of them…
- Tyronne- He’s a bit assertive, a bit you know, macho manly, but he’s really a good person once you get to know him. Its just he’s got all that wait on his shoulders and he’s always trying to go and stop the fae and he doesn’t really get the help he needs.
- TJ- Gosh he’s just suffered so much. Its like everything in his goes wrong and he’s still trying to save the world.
- Rai Lee- She’s not a bad person… just… prickly.
Roleplay hints: Blair is friendly and chatty with anyone she meets. Sit next to her for five minutes and your spilling embarrassing stories you thought you’d never tell anyone. She’s just one of those real friendly types that draws you in… few people notice she doesn’t say much about herself. Blair works as a cook at the outpost though is also fond of reading and occasionally paints and sings karaoke at BBQs.
Quick Power Notes: Blair isn’t much of a front line scion, but is fantastic in a supporting role, and she knows it. She’ll avoid dangerous situations unless she has someone more capable nearby. As a point in fact her mission at Mount McMurdo is less about stopping fae and more about diplomacy and information gathering.
Physical: Strength 3XX, Dexterity 2XX, Stamina 2XX
Social: Charisma 4XX, Manipulation 4XX, Appearance 4XX
Mental: Perception 3XX, Intelligence 2XX, Wits 4XX
Skills: Academics 2, Alertness 2, Animal Ken 1, Art (Architecture, Culinary 3, Engineering, Metalsmithing, Modern, Performance Art 2, Stonework, Textiles 2, Visual Art 2, Woodwork), Athletics 1, Brawl 1, Defense 2, Diplomacy 3, Disguise, Empathy 2, Etiquette 1, Fortitude 1, Intimidation, Investigation, Larceny, Leadership, Marksmanship, Medicine 2, Melee 2, Occult, Politics 2, Scrounging, Seduction, Stealth, Streetwise, Subterfuge 3, Survival 2, Thrown, War
Legend: 4 Virtues: Courage 2, Conviction 3, Duty 1, Loyalty 4 Willpower: 7
HD: -0, -0, -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -4, INC
Join Battle: 6+2 Dodge DV: 6 Soak: 4B/3L/1A
Unarmed Light: Acc, B, Parry, Speed
Unarmed Heavy: Acc, , Parry , Speed
Knacks: Strength (Titanium Tools, Holy Bound), Dexterity (Perfect Partner, Escape Artist)
Purviews: Death XX, Guardian XX, Health XXX
Name: TJ O’Brien
- Germanic (Native)- Proud of his roots TJ often plays up his irish accent.
- Iberian- TJ has spent most of life bumming around between poor communities in Europe and the Americas and is nearly as fluent in spanish as he is in english.
- Japonic- Tj spent his young life and childhood working against the japanese. He studied Japanese with a fervor but never… respect or love. He speaks the language academically, mechanically, but not particularly naturally.
Pantheon: Tuatha (Scion of the Dagda)
Distinguishing features: A tired old Irishmen, TJ slides under the radar of most he meets.
Physical Age: Mid fifties
History&Summary: TJ was a young man when the last bits of Ireland was crushed by the rising Atlantic. He’s lived all kinds of places, and seen more than most young scions will believe. When he learned of his heritage and the truth of the catastrophe he was enraged and spent years fighting against the Amatsukami though never alongside the Augustine… after a few years of blood and guts TJ stopped being so angry and started thinking about how and why things were happening.
He’s the owner and primary author of “Arctic Circle” a magazine that most people regard as a glorified tabloid, but those in the know see as a credible attempt to report on the activities of scions, gods, and monsters. Most of what he writes and collects are opinions and hearsay, but he’s spent a long time building quite a collection of…not comrades, but people trying to find an end to the madness of this age.
- Tyronne- reminds Tj of the angry kid he used to be, and its worse cause Tyronne just won’t listen when Tj tries to explain how these problems can’t be solved by fighting.
- Riley- Being a scion sucks. Being a scion who used to be monster must suck even more. But just because you’ve had a shitty go doesn’t give you the right to take it out on innocent people.
- Blair- A fine woman, she listens, she helps, she understands.
- Virtue Intellect 4- TJ might be more street smart than a proper academic but he approves of thinking through your feelings and enjoys a good debate.
Quick Power Notes:
- Crazy Like a Fox: All Social attacks against TJ resolve against his Wits + Virtue
- Scent the Divine: TJ can identify the the divine nature and pantheon of any scion, retainer, or god who isn’t traveling under the protection of the Acquaintance background or using the Illusion Purview to disguise themselves.
- Theme Music: “Danny Boy” occasionally plays from radios and such when TJ is nearby.
Physical: Strength 3X, Dexterity 3X, Stamina 3X
Social: Charisma 3XX, Manipulation 3X, Appearance 2
Mental: Perception 4XX, Intelligence 3X, Wits 4XXX
Skills: Academics 2, Alertness 2, Animal Ken 2, Art (Architecture 1, Culinary 1, Engineering, Metalsmithing 1, Modern, Performance Art 2, Stonework, Textiles, Visual Art 1, Woodwork 1), Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Defense 1, Diplomacy 2, Disguise 1, Drive, Empathy 2, Etiquette, Fortitude 2, Intimidation, Investigation 3, Larceny, Leadership 1, Marksmanship, Medicine, Melee, Occult 2, Politics 2, Seduction 1, Stealth 1, Streetwise 4, Subterfuge 1, Survival 1, Thrown, War 1
Legend: 3 Virtues: Courage 3, Expression 2, Intellect 4, Piety 1 Willpower:
HD: -0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -4, INC
Join Battle: Dodge DV: Soak:
Unarmed Light: Acc, B, Parry, Speed
Unarmed Heavy: Acc, , Parry , Speed
Purviews: Animal (Bear) X, Earth XX